Unable to keep up with their growing talent demands, the health organization had trouble finding highly sought-after temporary workers, getting them hired and onboarding them quickly. Working with third-party search firms initially helped with the temporary-worker demand, but also presented its own set of challenges. With little-to-no processes in place, the organization experienced redundancies, struggled with manual timecard approvals, experienced contract compliance risk with inconsistent, unenforced terms and had to deal with rogue hiring managers. What’s more, the healthcare company didn’t have accurate reporting or visibility into their consolidated spend on temporary workers so they could not budget accurately.
- Get quick access to critically-needed talent.
- Contain cost and understand temp-hire spend.
- Create consistent reporting.
- Find a single solution that allows them to implement process improvements.
- Achieve contract compliance to mitigate business risk.
- Gain visibility into spend on temporary workers.
- Offer automated online timecards.
Partnering with Scout for their temporary hiring needs, the health company:
- Accessed a wider pool of qualified candidates through Scout’s recruitment marketplace, than they would have seen from their existing providers.
- Gained transparency through the platform to manage, track and measure third-party search firm temp spend.
- Achieved efficiencies by streamlining third-party search firm hiring processes for sourcing and onboarding talent on Scout’s platform.
- Eliminated contract compliance risk by having all marketplace talent providers under one contract.
- Improved efficiency with the Scout online timekeeping system integration.
In addition to these achievements that aligned with their initial goals, the organization also:
- Increased the caliber of candidates, as a result of improved quality requisitions and communications.
- Reduced time to fill by 50% with the new streamlined process.
- Managed mark-ups to reduce overall costs by 30%.